Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Favorite Chicken Marinade


I've been looking for this recipe for the last couple of weeks and finally found it! I've had it for years and it is my go to marinade because I always have the ingredients on hand, and it taste marvelous on chicken or pork.


Tonight I marinated chicken tenderloins and grilled them. Our side dish was Amish tomato basil noodles with sauteed spinach, grape tomatoes and garlic topped with Parmesan cheese. Tasty and lovely!


Chicken Marinade


4 Tablespoons canola oil
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon basil
3 whole cloves
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
dash of coarse ground black pepper


Mix all ingredients together and pour over 1 pound chicken (breasts, tenderloins, pieces -- whatever!). Marinate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Grill or bake chicken. Serves 4.


Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment