Sunday, March 6, 2011

Special Request: Best Bran Muffins

This weekend a friend from high school messaged me on Facebook about bran muffins. I am a huge bran muffin fan. They are tasty, filling, good for me, and can help solve the occasional uncomfortable problem. Ahem. Anyway, I'd thought I'd post my favorite bran muffin recipe here. Again, I'm a purest when it comes to bran muffins, but there is nothing intrinsically wrong with adding some dried fruits or nuts if you feel so inclined.


KELLOGG'S BEST BRAN MUFFINS

1 1/2 c. flour, sifted
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. All Bran cereal
1 1/4 c. milk
1 egg
1/2 c. vegetable oil or shortening

Stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and set aside. Place cereal milk in mixing bowl, stir to combine. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes until cereal is softened. Add eggs and oil. Beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients to cereal mixture, stirring only until combined. Pour into 12 greased 2 1/2" muffin pan cups. Bake at 400 degrees for about 18-20 minutes.

If you have Bran Buds, use the 1 1/4 c., but if you have Bran Flakes double the amount to 2 1/2 cups. 


I think these are yummy fresh out of the oven with a good dollop of butter, or quite tasty the next day either at room temperature with butter or jam, or they can be reheated in the microwave -- but only for a very few seconds.


Happy Eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment