Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mexican Pasta Salad

I love pasta salad. However, not those mixes they sell in the grocery store, or those containers they sell at the grocery deli. I love real pasta salad. The stuff where you cook your own pasta, toss in additional ingredients, and make the dressing yourself. Now that's what I'm talking about!


Several years ago I got a hankering for pasta salad, but of course I didn't have all the ingredients for any of the recipes I had. I improvised. This recipe is the result of that improvisation. A friend was coming for lunch that day and said she'd bring a loaf of Pepperoni Bread (oh yeah -- that's a post for another day!) and I thought pasta salad and Pepperoni Bread would make a pretty good lunch. She raved about the salad. I raved about the bread. And a lovely lunch was had.


This is the first batch for this spring/summer. I'm sure there will be many more.






Mexican Pasta Salad


8 oz. veggie rotini, cooked according to package directions (I like Hodgson Mill)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cam Mexi-Corn
1 cup chopped grape tomatoes (I just slice them in half)


Dressing:
2/3 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman's Light)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon chives (optional)
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt


Mix salad ingredients in bowl. Mix dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Toss dressing with salad and chill well. 


Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, chips and salsa (and Pepperoni Bread once I post the recipe!)


Happy Eating!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind, I am going to pin this, because it looks so good. If you want me to take it down, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pin all you want! I have another blog where I've consolidated all of this one:
      http://musingsandmeanderings-mlp.blogspot.com/
      Feel free to look around there as well : )

      Delete