Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pecan Roasted Pork


I love pork tenderloin. There I said it, and I'm not even ashamed. I love the flavor. I love how quickly it cooks. I love that it can be prepared a million different ways. I grill it, slow cook it, roast it. It can be elegant or down home. 


I know I've posted recipes for pork loin before, so if you're not a fan . . . sorry. Here's another favorite.


1/2 cup pecan pieces
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup French-fried onion rings
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
cooking spray (I use Pam Organic Canola Oil)
2 lb. pork tenderloin


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place pecans, onions and sugar in food processor; process until coarsely chopped. Place mix on a plate.


Season pork with salt and pepper; roll in pecan mixture until well-coated. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. (I sprinkle on the remaining crumbs from the the plate at this point.) Coat top of tenderloins with cooking spray. Bake 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.


Let pork stand 5 minutes; cut into 1" thick slices.



I served fresh boiled corn (very sweet!) and steamed broccoli topped with shaved Parmesan along with the pork last night. Very tasty!

Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. I like pork and pecans! Never thought of combining the two flavors. Your dinner looks scrumptious! Thanks for your kind comment at my blog. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete