Monday, June 7, 2010

Citrus Dressed Red Cabbage Slaw

In my continuing effort to find new and different ways to eat more real food, I branched out with this one. I saw a variation of this on a tv show and thought it had possibilities with a few changes. I made it this afternoon and let it "marry" for a couple of hours. I'm pretty pleased. Easy and light.



1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
2 T. fresh squeezed lime juice
1 T. olive oil
1 T. demerara sugar (or brown sugar)
kosher salt
pepper
12 oz. red cabbage, chopped (about 1/4 of a head)
4 oz. carrots, shredded
1/4-1/2 cup chopped Italian oregano

Mix orange juice through oil in bowl and whisk together. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss cabbage and carrots together. Pour dressing over vegetables and mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Mix in oregano just before serving. Serves 4-6. (75 calories if serving 4)

I think next time I make it I may add a little more salt and pepper and maybe some sliced scallions. I'll let you know how that goes!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment